If you are looking for Standard First Aid with any level of CPR/AED, consider a 20 hour Wilderness First Aid instead.
Yes, it costs more - $295 for a weekend - but if you want to learn skills that you will actually remember when you need them, then I'm confident Wilderness First Aid training is for you! Here are a few reasons why Wilderness First Aid training is more effective than Standard First Aid:
* Make treatment decisions based on thorough assessments: No more rote memorization of poorly understood protocols - we will help you understand your patient's injury or illness so that you you can draw from a toolbox of techniques to provide appropriate treatments whenever - and wherever - you are needed.
* Learn the fundamentals of extended patient care: Go beyond stabilize-and-wait with extended care models - including the body's basic needs, the wilderness survival triangle, and an understanding of homeostasis and body systems - so you can manage your patient effectively when rescue is hours or days away.
* Experience practical, hands-on training: No more easily-forgotten lectures and repetitious practice - you will experience more realistic scenarios than in any other first aid class, enhanced with realistic make-up, fake blood, and props, for an unforgettable experience.
* Learn from experienced paramedics with extensive outdoor backgrounds: Stop training with inexperienced teachers who learned from other inexperienced teachers - our WFA specialists are not just medical professionals, but they also have extensive outdoors experience, a passion for sharing knowledge, and have completed intensive WFA instructor training.
* Experience a vibrant learning environment: No more classes filled with disinterested students who just want a certificate - Wilderness First Aid attracts motivated, enthusiastic learners of all ages who recognize the value of knowing how to deal with a medical emergency under sub-optimal conditions. Days go by in a flash - and just might leave you wanting more!
* Learn outdoors: Join us, and leave the stuffy classroom behind! In our Wilderness First Aid courses, at least 80% of learning takes place in beautiful Pacific Spirit Park, or on majestic Cypress Mountain, where the realities of managing medical emergencies in remote environments are easily brought to life!
If this appeals to you, I encourage you to register today - and please accept 10% off your course price as my personal welcome to the world of wilderness medicine! Just use discount code WFA-FOR-SFA at checkout.
Kieran Hartle,Coast Wilderness Medical Training