Wilderness First Aid For Your Organization or Business
If your employees work or play in remote environments, our Red Cross certified Wilderness & Remote First Aid training is the best way to keep them safe.
Why is Coast Wilderness Medical trusted by so many local businesses, provincial and federal government departments, and schools? Because we offer outstanding Wilderness First Aid courses that are fun, intense and challenging without being overwhelming. Our students are given the confidence and hands-on practice they need to not only apply their skills in the real world, but also to make informed decisions during medical emergencies.
Oh, yeah - and our courses are tons of fun, too - you've never taken a first aid course like this!
If you think your employees could benefit from Wilderness & Remote First Aid training, you can get the ball rolling by filling out the form below, or calling (778) 888-5684. We would love to work with you!
Here are some ways that WRFA courses might be right for your company or organization:
- Excellent Teamwork Training: We minimize lecturing in favour of group discussions and student-led presentations. However, the real rapport comes out during the scenarios, as your employees work with each other to manage medical emergencies. It is still amazing to us the strong dynamics that are built over a 20 hour course!
- Custom Content: The Red Cross certification is built on an excellent standard curriculum, but there is plenty of room to beef up the content by increasing the focus on topics of particular interest to your company or the group. Some examples include diving emergencies, high altitude, gunshots and extreme environments.
- Improvised Solutions: Low-resource and alternative-resource treatment options means that our students won't ever feel like they can't help someone because they don't have the right bandage.
- Professional Instructors: No "Dr. Google." All of our instructors are medical professionals who draw on professional training and real world experience to answer your questions.
- Tons of Hands-On Training: Our training model maximizes the amount of time you spend applying and practicing your skills in our realistic, carefully designed scenarios. Professional-level casualty-simulation make-up and props create a fun, immersive experience that leave our students feeling genuinely prepared for real-world medical emergencies.
- We Travel: We specialize in BC, the Yukon and Alberta, but our instructors are available - and excited! - to travel anywhere across Canada. Best of all, we don't charge overage on travel and accommodation costs - you pay what we pay, and not a penny more!
- It's Fun! In over 4 years, we have never had a dull class. Our courses are action-packed and filled with genuinely useful information. Challenging, stimulating and occasionally bloody, I can promise your group will learn tons and have a blast doing it!